1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets, rinsed and drained
1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ inch ginger, peeled and grated
60g quinoa, cooked
1 tsp RAW Coconut Oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sumac
2 tsp RAW Chia Seeds
½ tsp sea salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tbsp ground flax seed
Whole wheat buns
RAW In The Pink Sauerkraut,
Dairy Free yogurt
1. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices, mix to combine and cook until the onion becomes translucent, stirring frequently. Add the cauliflower florets, and cook for ten minutes, stirring every now and then.
2. Transfer into the food processor, together with the cooked quinoa, flax, salt and cayenne, and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture (don't over-process to make sure you don't get a mushy texture).
3. Shape the burgers using your palms, and line them on a plate.
4. Heat a little coconut oil in the frying pan, add the burgers, cook until golden on one side, then flip over and repeat. (You can also bake in the oven at 175°C/347°F for 20 mins).
5. Assemble, top with sauerkraut & serve.