1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks.
4 tbsp RAW Acacia Flower Honey (plus extra, to serve)
½ tsp ground nutmeg
3 tbsp RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 sticks celery, chopped
1.25 litres vegetable stock
100ml vegan cream
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Fresh basil, to serve
Crusty fresh bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180C fan and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add the butternut squash, 2 tbsp olive oil, nutmeg, honey, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Spread onto the baking tray in an even layer. Wrap the garlic cloves in foil and add these onto the tray. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
3. In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium-low heat and add the onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened and golden.
4. Once the butternut squash is cooked, add it to a blender with the cooked onions and celery. Once the garlic has cooled, squeeze the garlic out of the cloves and add to the blender. Add the vegetable stock and fresh rosemary, and blitz until smooth.
5. Return the soup to a saucepan and simmer to keep warm. Pour in the plant-based cream and stir until combined. Serve in bowls and drizzle with more honey and a sprinkle of fresh basil. Enjoy with some fresh, crusty bread - a warming bowl of goodness that’s great for the gut!.