1/2 cup pearled barley
salt to taste
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 1/2 tbsp RAW Honey
1 1/2 tbps RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 can butter beans, rinsed
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, divided
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, divided
1. Place the barley in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 inches and season with salt.
2. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain; run under cold water and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the ACV, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and 5 tablespoons of the oil in a medium bowl until emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper; set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower; cook, turning occasionally, until browned in spots (about 10-12 minutes). Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl, add the beans, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 tablespoon tarragon, reserved barley, and half of reserved dressing. Toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide salad among bowls; drizzle remaining dressing over. Garnish with lemon zest, 1/4 cup parsley, and 1 tablespoon tarragon.