3 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
5 teaspoons lemon juice
50ml RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ teaspoon salt
1 pinch pepper
1. Place garlic and cashews on a baking paper (no need to use any oil) and bake at 180°C (160°C fan-assisted) for 8 minutes.
2. Run your basil under some cold water and give it a very gentle rub to help release its flavour and fragrance. Make sure to let it dry completely (or gently tap it dry with a clean tea towel).
3. Add your olive oil, lemon juice, roasted garlic and cashews, washed and dried basil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper to your food processor/blender.
4. Blend into desired consistency. Taste test it and add more seasoning if required.
5. Any leftover pesto can be stored in an airtight container in a fridge for approx. 5-6 days