Serves 8 Cookies
1 jar RAW Whole Sesame Tahini
160g RAW Tropical Forest Honey
¼ tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 1+½ Tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1+½ tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
2 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
Flaked sea salt, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-assisted) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Combine ground flaxseeds with water in a small bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. To toast the coconut flakes, preheat a pan to medium heat. Add the coconut flakes and stir constantly until they turn a golden color (this will take about 1-3 minutes). Remove them from the pan and allow to cool.
4. Once the flaxseed mixture has thickened, use a medium size mixing bowl to combine tahini, honey, flaxseed mixture, seeds (if using), cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together until everything is incorporated.
5. Fold in the coconut flour, toasted shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips.
6. Scoop out the batter using a tablespoon and place on the baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie. Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes on cookies, if using.
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before touching or removing. Enjoy right away or store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.