300g sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon RAW olive oil
185g quinoa ,rinsed
2 tablespoons RAW Sauerkraut
For the salad:
1/2 red cabbage , shredded
300g carrots, shredded
400g mixed green, rocket, baby spinach etc
4 glass jars you have at home – the bigger the better.
For the dressing:
115ml orange juice
60ml RAW apple cider vinegar
60ml RAW olive oil
2 tablespoons RAW honey
1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger (to taste, roughly a 1-2 inch knob)
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and arrange the potatoes into a single layer on the pan. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and use your hands to toss them in the oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Once the potatoes are in the oven, combine the quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Cover and lower the heat and allow the quinoa to cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. While the potatoes and quinoa are cooking, prepare the salad dressing. Combine the orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey, ginger, and mustard in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
4. You can serve this right away with the warm toppings, but for a make-ahead meal, allow the sweet potatoes and quinoa to cool before assembling the mason jars. (So that they don't steam the other veggies.)
5. To assemble the salads, add a 1/4 cup of dressing to the bottom of a mason jar. Then add the shredded cabbage, sauerkraut, cooked quinoa, carrots, sweet potatoes, and leafy greens on top. Seal with a lid and store the salads in the fridge until ready to serve, up to 5 days.
6. When ready to serve, shake the jar to help distribute the dressing, then tip the jar into a large bowl and serve immediately.