320g vegan Shortcrust Pastry
2 tsps RAW Organic Superseed spread
200g wild mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
75g cooked chestnuts
2 tbsp olive oil
400g silken firm tofu
1-2 tbsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
2. Roll or lay out the dough on a lightly floured surface a little larger than your pan. Then transfer into a lightly greased 25cm tart pan, pressing the bottom and sides firmly. Prick the bottom a few times with a fork, then line with parchment and fill with pie weights (e.g. dried beans, chickpeas or rice). Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, make the filling. Mince the garlic, thinly slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the chestnuts.
4. In a pan, heat up a little oil, add the mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add half the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Season and set aside on a plate.
5. Add some extra oil to the pan. Add the spinach and sauté for about 2 minutes. Then add the rest of the garlic and the Superseded Spread and cook for another minute. Generously season with salt, pepper and yeast flakes.
6. Blend the silken firm tofu and cornstarch until creamy, then mix in the chestnuts. Add the tofu mixture to the pan with the spinach. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
7. Spread the tofu quiche filling onto the pre-baked crust, smoothing out evenly. (Brush the edges with non-dairy cream for a golden color shiny as desired).
8. Bake the vegan quiche at 180°C (180°C fan-assisted) for about 30-40 minutes, or until the filling is set and slightly golden-browned. (*If the top gets too dark during baking, cover loosely with foil or parchment paper.)
9. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Then garnish with the garlic mushrooms and fresh thyme. Serve with a side salad of wild rocket and a drizzle of RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enjoy!