- 175g pitted dates
- 75 g nuts (any nuts will do)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 300 g cashews
- 76g coconut butter
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- Squeezed juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp RAW Pure Blossom honey
- ½ tsp turmeric
1. Soak the cashews in cold water overnight, or half an hour in boiling water (don't cook). Drain and rinse before starting to make the cake filling.
2. Prepare the crust before the filling. Measure out the dates, nuts and 2 tbsp of coconut oil into a blender and blend to a sticky paste.
3. Press the crust paste with your fingers in a 6-inch springform pan and put the pan in the freezer to wait for the filling to be prepared.
4. Put all the rest of the ingredients in a cleaned blender and pulse until the mixture is silky and smooth.
5. Pour the filling over the crust and leave to set in the fridge for overnight or if you are in a hurry, for a couple of hours in the freezer.