30g Vegan butter or oil
2 Leeks, sliced
850g Carrots, peeled & sliced
1 tablespoon RAW Organic Maya Honey
Pinch of chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
2 Bay leaves
Generous pinch of salt
2 litres Vegetable Stock
Vegan crème fraîche, to serve
Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Melt the butter in the large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened.
2. Add the carrots, honey, chilli flakes, bay leaves and salt. Stir well. Simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring often.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock and stir. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes until the carrots are soft.
4. Remove the 2 bay leaves and puree either in the pot with a stick blender or in batches in a food processor. Add more salt if required.
5. Serve with a swirl of crème fraîche, coriander leaves and chilli flakes. Enjoy!