FOR THE HOUMOUS:
2 cans of chickpeas
2 tbsp of RAW Tahini
2 cloves of garlic, minced
100g of RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 2 lemons
2 tbsp RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
FOR THE FLATBREADS:
350g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking powder
350g coconut yoghurt
Crudites could include: raw carrot, broccoli, red & yellow peppers, celery, cucumber, tomatoes.
1. For the houmous, put all ingredients into a good blender and whizz until smooth.
2. For the flatbreads, add all the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon, then use clean hands to pat and bring everything together.
3. Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
4. Knead for a minute or so to bring it all together (this isn’t a traditional bread recipe, so you don’t need to knead it for long – just enough time to bring everything together).
5. Put the dough into a floured-dusted bowl and cover with a plate, then leave aside.
6. Dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in half, then divide each half into 6 equal-sized pieces (roughly the size of a golf ball).
7. With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece into 12cm rounds, roughly 2mm to 3mm thick.
8. Use a knife to score 6 lines into the centre of each round, leaving about 3cm at each end.
9. Place the griddle pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bar-marked and puffed up, turning with tongs.
10. Prepare and chop up your chosen crudites, and serve on a platter with the flatbreads and houmous.