For the base:
1 cup of cooked brown rice
1 cup of Shredded cabbage and carrots
For the Poke:
6-8 ounces tofu (extra firm or baked tofu)
⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper, more to taste
2 shallots, sliced thinly at a diagonal
1 teaspoon RAW chia seeds seeds
1 tablespoon shoyu or soy sauce
1 tablespoon RAW olive oil
Optional BOWL TOPPINGS: avocado, sprouts, edamame, grated carrots, grated beets, cucumber, fresh sliced, mango, radishes, crispy shallots, shredded cabbage, nori ( sliced thin), seaweed salad, pickled ginger, shiso leaves, chilli flakes, RAW sauerkraut, Sriracha.
Quick Ponzu Sauce:
1 ½ teaspoons RAW Apple cider vinegar
⅛ cup mirin
⅛ cup soy sauce
⅛ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (half an orange)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Cook the rice according to the directions on the packet.
2. Cut tofu into ½- ¾ inch cubes. Place in a bowl. And sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add shallots, olive oil, soy sauce and chia seeds, mix gently to coat evenly.
4. Make the quick ponzu sauce, combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Assemble bowls – Divide rice, cabbage and carrots among two bowls. Pile poke salad high in the centre, and surround with your additional toppings (avocado, cucumber, radish, sprouts, etc)
6. Spoon the fresh ponzu sauce over the veggies and sprinkle with chia seeds and chili flakes.
7. Serve with chop sticks and Sriracha.