35g arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
60g coconut flour
60g RAW Honey
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup RAW Almond Butter
1 tbsp RAW Chia Seeds
2.5 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
35g RAW Honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or tapioca flour or cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together arrowroot (or tapioca flour if using), honey, baking powder, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
3. Add the almond butter, and using your hand or a hand mixer, stir until it becomes a cohesive dough (about the texture of cookie dough). If using a hand mixer, start with the mixer and finish with your hands to really bind it together.
4. Cut the dough into 9 pieces (cut it in three, then cut each piece in three - it doesn't have to be perfect). Set aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together strawberries, honey, lemon juice and arrowroot (or tapioca or cornstarch if using). Stir until incorporated.
6. In a 9x9-inch (22 x 22 cm) baking dish, add fruit mixture evenly to the bottom.
Using your hands, form biscuit-shaped discs with the cobbler dough pieces and layer on top of the fruit filling.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and cobbler topping is browned. You may want to place a baking sheet underneath in case the topping spills a bit while baking.
8. Set side to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped coconut cream.