Serves (200g of Hummus)
1 Packet of RAW Flax Pumpkin Crackers
For the hummus:
1 400 g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
60g parsley (or coriander)
128g (packed) raw leafy greens of choice. For example: arugula, kale, spinach, fava bean leaves, fresh basil, whatever is available. Remove any tough stems.
26g cup chopped chives or green onion
60ml fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 or 2 cloves of fresh garlic (peeled) depending on personal preference
60ml olive oil, plus more for serving/topping
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
A dash of black pepper
Possible splash of water, if needed to blend
Toasted nuts for topping
1. Combine all the above-listed ingredients in a foot processor or high-powered blender, and blend until combined.
2. You may need to stop your processor a few times to stir it as you go.
3. Don’t add any water to your green hummus until you blend everything else first. Then, if it still seems too thick, slowly add just a tablespoon or two of water at a time, blend, and re-assess.
4. Do a taste-test and add more salt, pepper, or other seasonings if desired.
5. Place your hummus in a bowl topped with toasted nuts, and serve with RAW crackers.
6. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge and use within 5-7 days.