200g RAW Honey (any from our range)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons cloves
1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
150g dark raisins
50g cranberries (chopped)
200g walnuts or pecans
375g plain flour (divided)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons baking powder
Splash of RAW ACV
1/4 teaspoon salt
225g softened butter
120g brown sugar
4 large eggs
RAW Coconut Oil (for greasing)
1/4 cup strong coffee
1. In a small saucepan, mix together honey, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
2. Heat oven to 150 degrees C. Lightly coat two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with coconut oil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine raisins, currants, cranberries, nuts of your choice and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Mix well and set aside.
4. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Mix in the lukewarm honey mixture. Add flour and coffee alternately until well mixed, then stir in fruit-nut mixture.
6. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter.
7. Pour into the greased baking tin and bake for about 1.5 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow to stand at room temperature, before serving. Dust with icing sugar and top with pecans.