135g rolled oats
125g toasted pecans, roughly chopped (or your favorite nut)
95g unsweetened, shredded or flaked coconut (raw or toasted)
40g RAW black chia seeds
75g dark chocolate chips (or dried fruit)
¼ teaspoon salt, plus a pinch more to taste
250g RAW Whole almond butter
170g maple syrup (or honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 20x20cm pan with baking paper (the paper should be long enough to hang over two edges of the pan).
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, pecans, coconut, chia seeds, chocolate chips and salt.
3. In a smaller, microwave safe bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Warm the mixture in the microwave so that it’s easy to stir (about 35 seconds), then stir until the almond butter is smooth and completely mixed in with the syrup.
4. Pour the almond butter mixture over the oats. Use a big spoon or a spatula to mix really well, so that the oats and other ingredients are no longer dry and are completely covered with almond butter. Taste the mixture and add a pinch more salt if needed.
5. Scrape the mixture into the pan. Press the oats down really well by folding the long edges of the parchment up and over the bars.
6. Refrigerate the chia bars for at least 1 hour, so that the bars completely set and hold together when cut.
7. Cut the bars and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.