1 Tablespoon RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
40g Diced Red Onion
1 Garlic Clove
70g Grated Beetroot
150g Cooked Chickpeas
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
2 Tablespoons RAW Black Chia Seeds
15g Handful of Fresh Parsley
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (160C fan-assisted).
2. Finely dice the red onion and finely slice the leek. Heat a saucepan on medium heat, add the olive oil, then add the onion and leek.
3. Crush the garlic clove, add to the pan and saute until they start to slightly brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the beetroot, cooked chickpeas, almonds, nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon of the Black Chia Seeds, fresh parsley, sea salt and black pepper, and sauteed onion, leek and garlic into a food processor and blend until well combined.
5. Take a small amount of the mixture and form 10 vegan beetroot and black lentil balls. Combine the remaining tablespoon of chia seeds and sesame seeds and place on a plate. Roll the balls in the mixture until evenly coated. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add a drizzle of olive oil on top of the beetroot balls and pop into the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from the oven, and with a spatula, detach the balls from the baking paper and leave to cool.
7. Garnish with fresh dill and serve with fresh rocket salad, a spoonful of greek yogurt and houmous. Enjoy!