Half a butternut squash, cut into half moon wedges
2 tbsp RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
12 rainbow carrots, tops left on, washed and peeled
1 medium courgette, sliced into ribbons
8 stalks long-stem broccoli, any thick stalks halved lengthways
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
100g mixed cherry tomatoes , halved
4 spring onions, thinly sliced at an angle
handful black olives, stoned and sliced
½ cucumber, cut lengthways, seeds removed and sliced at the angle
3 tbsp roughly chopped basil
For the dressing:
20ml RAW Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
½ tsp Dijon mustard
pinch saffron strands
1 tsp caster sugar
50ml RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 200 (180°C fan-assisted).
2. Place your squash pieces wedges on a baking tray, and drizzle extra virgin olive oil, and toss together with some salt and pepper, so every piece is coated.
3. Roast wedges for 35-45 mins until tender.
4. Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Tip the carrots, courgettes and broccoli into a large mixing bowl, lightly season and toss together with the rapeseed oil.
5. Once the griddle is hot, add the vegetables in batches and leave to slightly char for around 3-4 mins, then transfer back to the bowl.
6. When all the veg is charred, add the remaining salad ingredients, toss together and set aside.
7. To make the saffron dressing, whisk the Apple Cider Vinegar, mustard, saffron and sugar together in a bowl with a pinch of salt until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the oil gradually, then stir in the shallots. Dress the salad and serve.