4 artichokes, trimmed
2 Lemons, halved
3 tbsp RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 star anise
Large thyme sprig
4 tbsp RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
Large bunch of asparagus spears
4 handfuls of small salad leaves or micro herbs
FOR THE DRESSING:
1 tbsp RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Small bunch of chives, finely snipped
2 tbsp RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
1. When the artichokes are trimmed, find a pan wide enough to hold them in a single layer. Squeeze in juice from a lemon half and half-fill with cold water.
2. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, the spices, thyme, vinegar, artichokes and a generous pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 mins until soft. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
3. Prepare the asparagus. First, cut off the woody ends, then use a swivel blade peeler to trim the ends, rotating them as you go so they end up the same thickness as the tips.
4. Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil. Cook the asparagus for 2 mins, then drain and tip straight into heavily iced water. Leave until completely cool, drain again, then set aside.
5. To make the dressing, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, then gently cook the red onion for 5 mins until soft. Turn off the heat stir in the spring onion and chives, then tip into a jug. Drizzle the rest of the oil and the vinegar into the dressing, then season to taste.
6. Get the vegetables ready. Drain the artichokes, then cut each into 6 wedges. Slice each asparagus on the angle into 3 pieces.
7. Wipe out the dressing pan and heat the remaining olive oil. Fry the asparagus with some seasoning until shiny and starting to colour, then scoop onto a plate. 8. Place the pan back on the heat, then cook the artichoke wedges until they start to brown. Turn off the heat and you are ready to plate up.
9. Mix everything together, drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.