150g Plain flour
50g ground linseed's
200g coconut sugar or unrefined muscovado sugar
3 large apples grated with skin on
3 large free-range eggs
240ml RAW olive oil or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g Medjool dates chopped
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
Apple cider vinegar glazing:
60ml RAW apple cider vinegar
50g coconut sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and grease a 26cm cake tin.
2. In a bowl add the flours, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda.
3. Stir in sugar, ground linseeds and chopped medjool dates.
4. In another bowl, mix the grated apples, eggs, oil and vanilla.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
7. Set aside to completely cool.
8. To make the glazing, stir the acv and coconut sugar together in a sauce pan over a low medium heat until it forms small bubbles on the side of the pan.
9. When it gets thick - about 10 minutes of cooking - transfer into a ramekin at room temperature. It will continue to thicken whilst cooling down.
10. When the glazing is at room temperature, pour onto the apple date cake.
11. Serve at room temperature or warm with your favourite ice cream!