1 tablespoon RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
45g Sunflower Seeds
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 bunches of kale, shredded
2 red apples, thinly sliced
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
50g crumbled vegan feta cheese
For the dressing:
80ml RAW Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoon Fig Preserve
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
kosher salt and pepper
1 pinch chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (160 C fan-assisted). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On the prepared baking sheet, toss together the pepitas, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 10-15 minutes or until toasted.
3. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale, apples, and pomegranates.
4. To make the vinaigrette. Heat the olive oil in a pan over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Add the apple cider vinegar, fig preserves, and thyme. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed chilli flakes.
5. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Top the salad with toasted sunflower seeds and feta. Serve and enjoy!